Revoice and all of her advocates need to repent by rejecting the errors they’ve taught against Scripture and the Westminster Standards. If they refuse to repent, they need to voluntarily leave the PCA so as not to inflict unneeded damage upon the denomination and the Reformed tradition they claim to love. They should save the PCA the pain and heartache of having to vote them out of the denomination.
The Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) is currently embroiled in a controversy over the doctrines presented by Revoice. This is Part 4, the final part ( Part 1 , Part 2 , Part 3 ) of a multi-part series responding to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) of Revoice . I wrote my dissertation at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary arguing that Revoice theology is neither biblical nor Reformed . I hope this series of articles helps readers understand Revoice theology and provides a way forward for the PCA and Revoice. Please share these articles with your elders, deacons, teachers, and churches.
Revoice’s mission is “to support and encourage gay, lesbian, bisexual, and other same-sex attracted Christians—as well as those who love them—so that all in the Church might be empowered to live in gospel unity while observing the historic Christian doctrine of marriage and sexuality.”  The latter part of this statement about gospel unity, like their FAQ, sounds like something faithful Christians can affirm; however, if we look closer at the language they use and compare it with the writings of their leaders, we will see that their theology is neither biblical nor Reformed.
In summary, Parts 1-3 have shown that Revoice and her leaders reject the Bible’s and the Westminster Standards’ understanding of original sin and sinful desire. They teach several unbiblical errors:
- Same-sex sexual attraction can be separated from same-sex attraction
- Same-sex attraction may be the sinful twisting of something innocent and good
- Jesus tempted himself to disobey God in Gethsemane, therefore same-sex sexual attraction is not sin until actualized
- Same-sex attraction is a motion of original sin and is not designed by God, but is good and holy
- Sexual attraction is not biblically reserved for one’s spouse
- Same-sex attraction can be turned to holiness or sublimated, but it cannot be repented from
- Opposite-sex attraction is designed by God and same-sex attraction is not designed by God, but both are equally fallen
- Opposite-sex attraction can be sanctified, therefore, same-sex attraction can be sanctified
- Same-sex attraction is not something to renounce but something to use for holiness
- To see “how God typically works,” poll “gay Christians”
- Sin is defined based on a person’s will, not based on opposition to God’s perfect moral law
- If a sin is “unchosen,” it is not a transgression against God
- Corruption of nature is not a transgression against God and is not morally culpable sin
- Motions of original sin are not transgressions against God
- Desire for celibate “gay intimacy” is holy
- Pursuing non-genital gay friendships is holy
This is only a partial list of Revoice’s serious errors against the Bible and the Westminster Standards.
In light of these errors, what is the path forward for Revoice and the PCA?
 Revoice, “Our Mission and Vision,” Revoice, Accessed August 8, 2019, https://revoice.us/about/our-mission-and-vision/ .